The PAS Flashlight is designed with an unique sampling system that is able to detect even low levels of alcohol. Its’ use in DUI enforcement efforts is supported by NTSB, PIRE, and it serves as a strong deterrent in the school setting. A push of a button activates the unit’s pump which draws in the air sample to a fuel cell sensor. Once the sample is analyzed, the PAS Flashlight provides qualitative feedback on the amount of alcohol detected.
It can be operated with one hand, leaving the other completely free. The instrument is easy to use, and has been designed to withstand the physical conditions experienced in operational situations. In spite of its rugged construction, the PAS Flashlight is no heavier than an equivalent flashlight and is comfortable to use for several hours at a time.
- High Specificity Electrochemical Fuel Cell with heater to maintain constant fuel cell temperature during cold weather use.
- Dynamic Sampling System draws in the air sample ‒ No mouthpieces required
- Colored Bar Graph indicates the approximate level of alcohol detected
- Visual Cues indicate key components are functioning properly
- 3-Mode LED Flashlight (High, Low and Strobe)
- Choice of Secondary Light (located on the flashlight handle)
The PAS Screening System comes complete with:
- PAS Flashlight
- Carrying Case
- AC/Auto Adapters
- Fast Charger
- Rechargeable NiMH Battery
- Training CD
- Passive Alcohol Sensor Posters included with School purchases